For Candidates in Washington state
Representation in office matters. Now, more than ever. Pro-Choice Washington supports candidates who champion abortion rights. We are committed to supporting elections at every level of government because we believe in the power of lawmakers to protect and expand reproductive freedom.
Due to our size and limited capacity, we endorse as many candidates as we can on a rolling basis between the primaries and the general election. We prioritize endorsing candidates in districts where the most gains can be made for abortion access by:
- Increasing capacity to win in the most competitive swing districts where reproductive freedom champions face tough races against anti-abortion opponents.
- Building power in districts where constituents face the biggest barriers to abortion access, like long travel times to an abortion provider, a high prevalence of fake clinics, and an increase in anti-abortion and white nationalist activity.
- Creating a representative and inclusive movement for reproductive freedom by investing in candidates of color who have lived experience with healthcare barriers.
- Review the Washington Secretary of State’s resources on how to run for office.
- Make an impact at the local level. Start with this great resource from the National Institute for Reproductive Health on a Model City for reproductive freedom.
- Learn more about speaking to abortion rights by downloading our How to Talk About Abortion Guide.
- Read about Pro-Choice Washington’s key issue areas.
- Contact our Political Action Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and timing for the Pro-Choice Washington endorsement process.