What is the Pro-Choice Washington Foundation?
The Pro-Choice Washington Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization and the research, organizing, and education arm of our movement, focusing on grassroots capacity building, community and lawmaker issue education, policy change, and leadership development.
Why support the Pro-Choice Washington Foundation?
The Foundation invests in Washington communities by providing information and resources to help community members drive change and to hold their elected officials accountable. To do this, we:
- Conduct research to better understand the nuanced barriers to abortion and reproductive care in Washington and by community.
- Educate community members on the state of reproductive freedom in Washington and across the nation through knowledge sharing and trend analyses.
- Develop activists’ skills through training programs and leadership development.
- Reduce abortion stigma by providing tools and training to have healthy conversations with friends and neighbors.
- Foster the reproductive freedom community through events, volunteering, coalition meetings, and one-to-one relationships.
- Provide activists the tools to thank bold political leaders and to call in those not upholding their commitments.
How does the Foundation impact reproductive freedom?
Reproductive freedom is driven by grassroots advocacy and community-led change. This is only possible when community members have access to accurate information about their rights and the tools to articulate their needs. Through civic participation – voting and providing feedback on potential bills and policies – activists and grassroots advocacy work are essential to achieve our mission to protect and promote every person’s right to access affordable abortion and the full range of reproductive healthcare options in Washington State.