Available: Rolling acceptance
Reports to: Legislative Affairs Manager
Hours: 10-20 weekly; with occasional weeknight and Saturday availability
Location: Western Washington, Bellingham preferred; must be able to attend occasional trainings and meetings in Seattle office.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is a grassroots, political advocacy organization that works across the state to advance reproductive freedom, including abortion, affordable contraception, safe and healthy pregnancies, and paid parental leave. With our 35,000 members, we focus on electing pro-choice champions, passing pro-choice legislation, and mobilizing our base to effect meaningful change.
NARAL seeks fellows to join our political team this spring summer during the 2019 electoral cycle, engaging in local, municipal elections to expand our pro-choice majority at every level of office in Washington State. This fellowship will involve deep engagement into our political strategy program, designed for fellows to gain exposure to campaign management, strategy and issue-based advocacy while making critical contributions to key state races.
- Engagement with NARAL activists and specifically PAC members
- Planning and facilitating endorsement interviews
- Occasional canvassing and phone-banking on behalf of endorsed candidates
- Creation of campaign and organizational resources including issue briefs, candidate research, and training materials
- Participation in tabling and community outreach
- Data entry and tracking of political candidates
- Legislative and candidate research
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong personal commitment to reproductive freedom, including safe and legal abortion
- Interest in political process, political experience a plus but not required
- Willingness to talk to strangers on the phone and in person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Flexibility, reliability and a willingness to learn
- We do not require that you have a car, but you must be able to travel to Seattle office on occasion, and to campaign headquarters as needed
How to apply: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply is May 3rd, 2019. Please email a resume and cover letter to Morgan Steele Dykeman at email@example.com with the subject line: Political Fellowship