Office Manager & Executive Assistant
Supervisor: Executive Director
Type: Non-Exempt, Regular
Benefits: Vacation, Health, Dental, Sick & Safe Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Pass
Salary: $44,000 to $48,000
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the leading pro-choice political advocacy organization in Washington State. We work to protect every woman’s right to access the full range of reproductive health options, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
The person in this position will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director as well as be responsible for administrative operations of the office including finance, information technology, human resource, facilities, and compliance reporting. They enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a diverse group of people and programs. This position plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth daily operations of the office.
- Assist the Executive Director with their daily schedule and duties, including managing calendars, appointments, travel arrangements and drafting correspondence.
- Provide guidance and advice to the executive director on matters related to personnel, IT, and financial management. Assist with planning and running board meetings.
- Provide general administrative support to the staff, including: greeting visitors, answering and managing incoming calls and provide IT support.
- Oversee the smooth daily operation of the office. Communicate with building management; monitor and order supplies; maintain office equipment; monitor the general email account.
- Perform bookkeeping functions, including making deposits, paying bills and taxes, running payroll, and reconciling accounts. Produce monthly financial statements, weekly income reports, and other financial reports as needed.
- Manage contract accountant. Supervise and assist as needed with making general ledger entries and state and federal filings.
- In coordination with the executive director, prepare and manage annual budgets, weekly cash forecast, grant budgets, and other financial tools as needed.
- File PDC reports; provide guidance to staff on allowable political activities; coordinate reporting with other campaigns as needed.
- Assist with various human resources functions such as onboard new employees, oversee benefit administration and maintain personnel files; maintain personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform any other administrative duties commensurate to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, required. Strong preference for nonprofit and/or political campaign experience.
- Technology savvy with experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications; general ability to learn and work in new software programs as needed. Experience with QuickBooks required. Experience with VAN and/or NGP desired.
- Unwavering commitment to the fundamental right of a woman to choose safe and legal abortion as part of a full range of reproductive health care choices.
Please send in an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.