Eastern Washington Organizing Fellowship
Available: (Flexible) January – May 2019
Reports to: Eastern Washington Organizer
Hours: 5-10 weekly; with occasional weeknight and Saturday availability
Location: Eastern Washington (Spokane, Wenatchee, Yakima, Walla Walla, Ellensburg, Tri-Cities, Pullman, etc.)
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is a grassroots, political advocacy organization that works across the state to advance reproductive freedom, including abortion, affordable contraception, safe and health pregnancies, and paid parental leave. With our 40,000 members, we focus on mobilizing our base to effect meaningful change.
NARAL seeks an organizing fellow to join our team this legislative session to assist in membership engagement, legislative research, and targeted campaigns to resist Trump’s anti-choice agenda. This fellowship will be a hands-on position designed for fellows to gain exposure to issue-based advocacy while making critical contributions to the expansion of reproductive freedom WA state.
- Legislative Research
- Creation of educational and activist materials
- Event planning and facilitation, including monthly take action meetings and Reproductive Freedom Advocacy Day
- Engage with NARAL activists via phone calls, email, and in-person meetings
- Targeted canvassing and phone banking
- Data entry and NGP support
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Strong knowledge of either Ellensburg, Yakima, Tri-Cities, Pullman, Walla Walla, or Spokane
- Interest in political process, political experience a plus but not required
- Strong personal commitment to reproductive freedom
- Flexibility, reliability and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to talk to strangers on the phone and in person
- We do not require that you have a car, but you must be able to travel
How to apply: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Please email a resume and cover letter to Norma at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Organizing and Legislative Fellowship.