Available: (Flexible) June-August 2019
Reports to: Organizer
Hours: 10-20 weekly; with occasional weeknight and Saturday availability
Location: Remote; Must be available for weekly online communication with the supervisor. Able to attend occasional trainings and meetings in the Seattle office a plus, but not required.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is a grassroots, political advocacy organization that works across the state to advance reproductive freedom, including abortion, mandatory comprehensive sex education, affordable reproductive health coverage for all Washingtonians and holding restrictive religious health systems accountable to the full spectrum of care.
NARAL seeks a fellow to join our field team this summer during the 2020 electoral cycle, engaging in state elections to expand our pro-choice majority at every level of office in Washington State. This fellowship will be a hands-on field program designed for fellows to gain exposure to organizing, campaign and volunteer management, strategy and issue-based advocacy while making critical contributions to key state races.
- Engagement with NARAL activists via phone calls, email, and in-person meetings
- Planning and facilitating campaign Days of Action, Take Action Meetings and Happy Hours
- Canvassing and phone banking on behalf of endorsed candidates
- Creation of campaign resources including volunteer outreach scripts, candidate wraps and training materials
- Participation in tabling and community outreach
- Data entry and NGP support, including turf cutting and universe analysis
- Legislative and candidate research
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong personal commitment to reproductive freedom, including safe and legal abortion
- Interest in the political process, political experience a plus not required
- Willingness to talk to strangers on the phone and in-person
- Ability to work independently, remotely and as part of a team
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Flexibility, reliability and a willingness to learn
- We do not require that you have a car, but must be able to travel to campaign headquarters as needed.
How to apply: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is May 3rd, 2020. Please email a resume and cover letter to Gabbi Nazari at email@example.com with the subject line: Eastern/Central WA Organizing and Campaigns Fellowship