Reports to: Organizer
Hours: 5-10 weekly (flexible); with occasional weeknight and Saturday availability
Location: Online (Remote)
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is a grassroots, political advocacy organization that works across the state to advance reproductive freedom, including abortion, mandatory comprehensive sex education, affordable reproductive health coverage for all Washingtonians and holding restrictive religious health systems accountable to the full spectrum of care.
NARAL seeks an intern to join our field team this fall during the 2020 electoral cycle, engaging in state elections to expand our pro-choice majority at every level of office in Washington State. This fellowship will be a hands-on field program designed for fellows to gain exposure to organizing, campaign and volunteer management, strategy and issue-based advocacy while making critical contributions to key state races.
- Phonebanking on behalf of endorsed candidates
- Participation in community outreach for priority campaigns including protecting Mandatory Comprehensive Sex Education and holding Religious Health Care systems accountable
- Legislative, candidate and issue-based research
- Engagement with NARAL activists via phone call and email
- Creation of campaign resources including volunteer outreach scripts, candidate wraps and training materials
- Data entry and NGP support
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Strong personal commitment to reproductive freedom, including safe and legal abortion
- Interest in political process, political experience a plus not required
- Willingness to talk to strangers on the phone and in person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Flexibility, reliability and a willingness to learn
How to apply: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply is September 16th. Please email a resume and cover letter to Gabbi Nazari at email@example.com with the subject line: Fall Organizing and Campaigns Internship.