Eastern Washington Organizer
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is seeking a talented and hardworking field organizer to develop and mobilize the pro-choice community in Eastern Washington. This is a full-time exempt position.
For over a year, NARAL has been working on the ground to build community support for reproductive freedom and deepen engagement with NARAL’s Eastern Washington membership. The Eastern Washington Organizer will compound on this momentum, implementing campaigns to grow membership, expand community partnerships, and ensure our network of activists statewide have the training and tools to lead grassroots campaigns to protect and expand reproductive freedom.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the leading pro-choice political advocacy organization in Washington State. Our vision is that every Washington is able to exercise full self-determination in all pregnancy decisions though equitable access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion care, and workplace policies that support working families. NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
Key Responsibilities of Eastern Washington Organizer:
- Organize and host regular monthly events for NARAL members to build community, and engage in legislative and electoral advocacy
- Build strong interpersonal relationships with members, local partner organizations, and political leaders
- Track field activities in database and produce reports as needed
- Coordinate door-to-door canvasses and phone-banks to engage the pro-choice majority of Spokane
- Mobilize members in political activities like lobby days, committee hearings and candidate interviews
- Engage, educate, and assist political leaders on NARAL issues
- Increase participation in NARAL’s youth leadership programs, focusing on high schools and colleges students
- Work with the communications team to implement targeted messaging for Eastern WA
- Other tasks as required.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Minimum 2 years of work or internship experience in an office setting. Minimum 1 year work or internship experience in community organizing.
- Strong commitment to the fundamental right to choose safe and legal abortion as part of a full range of reproductive health care choices.
- Knowledge of Eastern Washington preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, volunteers, and members of the general public.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to focus in a busy environment are a must.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and current social media platforms; ability to become proficient in NGP/VAN database.
Physical demands for this position include frequent walking for door to door canvassing and the ability to walk for a few hours at a time. This position requires the ability to travel across Eastern Washington, often while transporting collateral such as posters, documents, and clipboards. This position requires the ability to remain in a relatively stationary position outdoors and/or indoors for tabling purposes. There will also be frequent standing, sitting at a desk, operating a computer, use of a telephone, and face-to-face communication with co-workers, volunteers, and members of the public.
Compensation and benefits
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Organizing Director. The position will be based in Eastern Washington, primarily Spokane, with occasional travel to Seattle and cities in Central Washington. We provide a benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick & safe leave, and holidays; Medical and Dental insurance; Employee Assistance program. This position is salaried and compensation will range from $35,000-40,000, commensurate with experience.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital states, veteran status or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.