NARAL Pro-Choice Washington
Anuj Khattar, MD
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington Foundation
Anuj Khattar, MD
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the leading grassroots pro-choice advocacy organization in Washington State. Our organization works to protect every person’s right to access the full range of reproductive health options, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
We are 100% supporter funded, making us uniquely positioned as the “left flank” of the pro-choice movement. We take strong political positions and use our power to lift up true pro-choice champion lawmakers and challenge our opposition. We represent our members and organize them to demand that reproductive freedom is a priority for their elected officials.
How we do it
We achieve our goals through grassroots mobilization, legislative advocacy, public education, endorsing pro-choice candidates, and supporting their electoral campaigns.
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is the state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America.
Structurally, NARAL Pro-Choice Washington encompasses three organizations: NARAL Pro-Choice Washington, 501(c)(4), the state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America; NARAL Pro-Choice Washington Foundation, 501(c)(3); and NARAL Pro-Choice Washington State Political Action Committee (PAC).
NARAL Pro-Choice Washington is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and creating a movement in which every individual is welcomed and valued. We strive to ensure our board to reflects the diversity of our state including across race, income, immigrant status and gender identity.
Role of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of NARAL Pro–Choice Washington is responsible for the governance of the organization consistent with its tax-exempt status and mission.
Specific responsibilities of the Board
- Ensure the organization conducts its activities in a manner consistent with its tax-exempt purpose and mission
- Ensure that adequate resources are provided to carry out the mission and programs of the organization
- Set policy, priorities, and approve strategic plans for the organization
- Approve the organization’s major commitments and annual budget
- Accept fiscal and legal liability for the affiliate organization
- Ensure continuation of a strong, responsible Board
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Hire and provide oversight of the Executive Director