Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Benefits: PTO, Holidays, Health, Dental, Sick & Safe Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Two week-long office closures (one in summer and one in winter), Flexible working schedule
Location: Washington state, remote with occasional in-person activities
The Administrative Coordinator is essential to the organization’s operations and is an excellent opportunity for growth. A successful Administrative Coordinator enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting and collaborating with a diverse group of people and programs.
Pro-Choice Washington, a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization, is the leading grassroots advocacy organization for reproductive freedom in Washington state. We believe every person deserves equitable access to affordable, unbiased, quality abortion and reproductive healthcare within their community.
Pro-Choice Washington’s advocacy work is complemented by the Pro-Choice Washington Foundation and the Pro-Choice Washington Political Action Committee. The Pro-Choice Washington Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization and the research and education arm of our movement, focusing on grassroots capacity building, community and lawmaker issue education, policy change, and leadership development.
The Pro-Choice Washington Political Action Committee (PAC) helps elect reproductive rights and justice champions at all levels of state and local government. It directs financial and in-kind contributions to candidates endorsed by Pro-Choice Washington and who are aligned with our values and our communities’ needs.
Our organization is powered by the voices of more than 25,000 members across the state who are speaking up for reproductive rights through advocacy, community engagement, and education. You can learn more about our organization at prochoicewashington.org.
Thoughtful Decision-Making: We believe in the things that are working and in approaching new challenges with creativity, open-mindedness, and intentionality.
Boundaries and Self-Care: We believe in identifying and facilitating actions, approaches, and individual boundaries that replenish our energy and excitement about this work.
Collective Success: We believe in the importance of systems-thinking and working toward non-competitive and collaborative community growth.
Safe Spaces and Shared Solutions: We believe in ensuring a safe working environment to express fears and frustrations, which allows us to atone for mistakes and to solve challenges as they arise. We believe in shared solutions and a forward momentum to our work.
‘Impacted Leadership’ and ‘Privileged Support’: As is well-articulated by adrienne maree brown, we believe in being led by folks most impacted by the issues we work on with support from those in positions of privilege.
Living Our Values: We believe in putting into action the values that we hold and espouse as an institution via organizational practices, policies, strategies, and partnerships.
Transparent Decision-making: We value transparency and insight into organizational processes and decisions, and collaborative decision-making whenever possible.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides general administrative support for the team, including scheduling team-building events and retreats, and arranging program team travel.
- Coordinates weekly team meetings, monthly anti-racism discussions, and generally encourages comradery within the team.
- Schedules the annual Public Disclosure Commission compliance training for staff and Board, put on by Advocate Accounting.
- Coordinates Political Action Committee (PAC) endorsement process, including candidate tracking and interview scheduling.
- Coordinates the onboarding and offboarding of employees, fellows, and short-term staff, in partnership with the Tech & Finance Coordinator.
- Assists the Executive Director in Board management duties, including calendaring and material development.
Facilities & Logistics
- Coordinates merchandise orders for events, programs, and communications team.
- Manages storage unit and other facilities contracts, as well as manages and tracks the inventory in the storage unit in partnership with the Organizing Manager.
- Supports programmatic and fundraising event logistics.
- Coordinates printing and shipping for events, programs, and communications team.
- Completes annual workplace giving applications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates benefits administration, including annual renewals, in partnership with the Deputy Director.
- Tracks tax filing deadlines and completes necessary documentation in partnership with Executive Director.
- Monitors organizational email and voicemails.
- Coordinates the quarterly updates to staff Job Manuals.
- Coordinates the updates to organizational policies on an annual basis.
- Coordinates the execution of vendor contracts, maintaining organized and up to date W9 records.
Desired & Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while nurturing a team culture built on trust, collaboration, flexibility, and humor
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn and work in new software
- Deep commitment to equity, racial, economic, gender, and social justice, and strong alignment with our organizational values
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Pro-Choice Washington, and a deep understanding of the intersectional components of reproductive freedom
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Gusto, QuickBooks Online, EveryAction
- Direct experience with nonprofit events
- Knowledge of nonprofit compliance requirements
- Previous experience in an administrative role
Work is primarily performed in an office environment while operating standard office equipment. Flexible hours possible. Occasional evenings and weekend work likely. Travel to and from office mailbox required weekly, and occasional travel to office storage unit. Applicants must be able to lift 25 pounds on occasion and be able to stand for extended periods during organizational events. Pro-Choice Washington is currently remote with occasional in-person events and activities in Washington, primarily the Seattle-area.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements – commitment to the mission and a willingness to problem-solve is highly valued.
Please email a cover letter addressed to Kia Guarino, Executive Director, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Coordinator” as soon as possible and no later than September 9, as the position may be filled sooner. All applications will be reviewed, but only those demonstrating a strong alignment with the position description will be contacted for additional information. Referrals to potential candidates are welcome. No phone calls please.